Application Deadline: 8th January 2023 at 11.59P.M (CENTRAL AFRICA TIME)
Under the of the Mastercard Foundation and the University of Rwanda of Rwanda (UR), the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Rwanda ([email protected]) is calling for application to a comprehensive no-refundable scholarship for access to quality university education at the University of Rwanda to qualified academically talented, yet economically disadvantaged young Rwandan people with leadership potential and other African coming from conflict and post-conflict areas of Africa currently living in Rwanda as Certified Refugees.
- For the Academic year 2022 – 2023, 30 scholarships are available to students Admitted at UR in selected undergraduate programs (19 Scholarships are specifically reserved to refugees & 7 specifically reserved to Youth with disability).
- Priority shall be given to female students and students in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) programs.
Eligible Applicants must :
- Be Rwandan or a refugee/ displaced youth currently living in Rwanda.
- Be below 28 years at the time of application for the undergraduate programs.
- Be admitted into the selected programs at University of Rwanda in 1st year for academic year 2021-2022 (see full call for application)
- Have for secondary schools’ aggregate marks :
- At least 70 as aggregate mark for programs in Medicine and Pharmacy, and 67 as aggregate mark for other programs or equivalent, or
- At least 80% aggregate mark or equivalent for applicants from Teacher Training Centres (TTC), or
- At least 55% aggregate mark or equivalent for applicants from TVET schools
- Applicants with any other scholarship, once selected, must be willing to discontinue it to benefit from the MCF-SP @UR scholarship opportunity.
- The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs or living with disability.
- The applicant must have proven records of leadership and community engagement(s).
1. Download an empty form HERE and read what is required at each section
2. Only students admitted to UR in eligible postgraduate programs to be supported by the [email protected] for the academic year 2022-2023 (see the call for application) are eligible to apply.
3. Provide one duly signed and sealed proof/recommendation letter from a competent authority on:
a. Family status (partial or total orphanhood) and critical economic needs.
b. Leadership in any one important organ (school, business, community, association, or any other engagement).
4. In addition to the general application form, refugee applicants must complete the refugee declaration form (available on the application portal) and attach a refugee status certification.
5. In addition to the general application form, Youth with Disability applicants must complete the disability declaration form (available on the application portal) and attach a disability certificate from a recognized association of people with disabilities (e.g: NCPD, NUDOR, MINEMA, RUB, RNUD, etc).
6. Attach any other document that you think may support your application.
7. Applicants must ensure that all sections are completed. Incomplete application will not be considered.
8. Make sure that the form is fully completed, all required and necessary documents are duly attached, and that you clicked on SUBMIT to complete the online application.
9. The deadline for the application for the [email protected] scholarships is On or before Sunday 8th January 2023 at 11.59P.M (CENTRAL AFRICA TIME)
Note 2: Only one application is accepted. If you send more than one application, you will be directly disqualified for this scholarship application
For More Information: