Application Deadline: April 7, 2023, at 5 pm ET.
The Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) scholarship program inspires the next generation of innovators and thinkers to create a sustainable future. The scholars are exceptional students from developing countries studying in sustainable energy development.
Today, the need for globally-oriented practitioners and researchers is growing rapidly. The one-of-a-kind scholarship program fosters the next generation of energy, climate, and electricity sector specialists who will be prepared to tackle the challenges of the future.
To be eligible for this scholarship, prospective applicants must:
- Undertake master’s-level studies in a field related to sustainable energy development
- Examples: zero-carbon energy, smart grids, electric transportation, energy storage, advanced electricity technologies, public policy, economics, law, political science, etc.
- Pursue full-time studies for at least one full school year (two or three semesters) as of mid to late 2023
- Be a citizen of a developing country on the list of official development aid recipients identified by the Development Co-operation Directorate of the OECD
- Be committed to contribute to their home country’s development after their studies
- Be an outstanding student:
- Excellent grades in the top 20% of their class
- Committed to zero-carbon energy development
- History of community involvement
- Determined to advance their knowledge and understanding
- Education level: Master’s-level students
- Amount: Up to $10,000 US per year (max. two years)
- Scholarships awarded: Approximately 12 students annually
How to Apply
The Education for Sustainable Energy Partnership (ESED) program offers scholarships to approximately a dozen students every year. The maximum value is 10,000 USD per year of study for at most 2 years.
- Prepare all the required documents
- Create an account to access the online form
- Fill in the application form and upload the materials
- Submit your application
For More Information: