Jump to content
9jaonline.com

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

  1. Yesterday
  2. The bribe-taking police officer who was spotted in a viral video lying to his colleagues about the amount he collected from a motorist has been identified and arrested. The policeman was identified as Sergeant Onuh Makedomu and he is reportedly attached to the Safer Highways Patrol in Lagos. A statement released by the Nigerian Police revealed that he is currently undergoing Orderly Room trial on a two count charge of Discreditable Conduct and Corrupt Practices at the Provost department of the Lagos State Police Command. The statement reads; “Provost department of the Lagos State Police Command. “The non-commissioned officer, Force No.431625, Sgt Onuh Makedomu, attached to 49 PMF, but presently on special duty with the Safer Highways Patrol, Lagos is currently undergoing Orderly Room trial on a two count charge of Discreditable Conduct and Corrupt Practices at the Provost department of the Lagos State Police Command”
  3. Two secondary school students of Ado Grammar School,have reportedly drowned in the Ureje river Ado-Ekiti. Report from the Ekiti State Police Command Public Relations Officer, DSP Caleb Ikechukwu, had it that the corpses of the students had been recovered and it was deposited at a mortuary. “We learned the students went to the river to swim and got drowned. Their bodies have been taken to the mortuary,’’ Ikechukwu said. He said full investigations had begun into the circumstances surrounding the incident as it was reported that seven students on Friday, November 8th jumped over the school fence and went for swimming, during which the two drowned. A source quoted one of the survivors as saying that although four of them jumped into the river, the two victims could not come out alive. The source added that a farmer working nearby with the help of some local divers rescued two of the students.
  4. For many ladies who look forward to getting engaged, the more expensive the ring is, the better. However, it appears a certain lady was more interested in having money in her pocket than moving around with an expensive ring. A Twitter user Victor Israel, has narrated how a friend got his fiancee arrested after she sold the N130k ring he engaged her with and replaced it with a ring worth N15k. He wrote: “My friend recently proposed to his girlfriend. With a Gold ring worth about 130k. Yesterday he got her arrested because she sold the Ring and replaced it with a cheaper Ring of 15k. We are still settling the fight sha.”
  5. A few days ago, a lady shared DMs she received from several ladies detailing the kind of rituals they did to get and keep a man. In one of the DMs , a woman disclosed she used her period blood to prepare three different meals for her cheating boyfriend in order to stop him from looking at other women. Singer Maj in reaction to the DMs stated that men should be thankful ladies are just using fetish means to get them to behave properly. “Ladies using fetish means to get men to behave properly. You should be thankful ladies are only using these measures to help you act right and not harvest your parts for rituals, or use your undies, which is something we face daily with the male folk.”, she tweeted.
  6. A fuel tanker explosion was recorded in the early hours of today October 11, at Pipeline Road, Gate Bus Stop along Ayobo Road in Iyana Ipaja, Lagos. A Twitter user who shared a video from the scene of the incident said the explosion was caused by pipeline vandalism. He also disclosed that fire service officials were very much around to put out the fire. “@safetyfox57 tweeted “Fire:@LAG_FireService had averted a looming disaster this Monday wee hours @ Pipeline Road, Gate Bus Stop, along Ayobo Road, Ipaja, Lagos where a Tanker went up in flame resulting from pipeline vandalism activities.” Another Twitter user also revealed that the fire destroyed his father’s car. “@Abiola_Usman tweeted “This tanker fire just burnt my dad’s car at Abesan. Early Monday morning”
  7. Nigerian oil tycoons Femi Otedola and Aliko Dangote have donated N5billion and N100million respectively to Cuppy’s foundation, to help the less privileged children in Nigeria. Femi Otedola is not just a successful and highly celebrated businessman, he has also proven to be a true father and humanitarian through his applaudable charity works for the less privileged. Currently, he has promised to give out N5billion to help children who are in dire need of financial assistance, through his daughter’s foundation. Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote has also donated N100m for the children. Congratulations to the tycoons for a job well done. Renowned blogger, Linda Ikeji shared the news via her Instagram. She wrote; “Mr Femi Otedola should be father and humanitarian of the year. OMG! He just donated N5billion to Save The Children Foundation through his daughter @cuppymusic foundation for children in need in Nigeria. Was so overwhelmed I had to post it here. Massive thank you to him on behalf of all the children that will benefit from this. Incredible! Dangote also donated N100million”
  8. A heartwarming video of a 103-year-old mother and her 87-year-old daughter playing together recently surfaced the internet and it has left viewers in awe. In the viral video, the aged mother and child were spotted hugging themselves tightly, while laughing and playing with each other. Watching our mothers grow older is an inescapably challenging and heart-wrenching part of life. However, as they age, we also have an opportunity to share some of the dearest and most intimate kinds of love with them. Wear the jewels, kisses, and sacrifices they gave you with pride. Reassure them that they did the best they could, and help them find some measure of peace and enjoyment in each day. Watch the video below; 76733021_147209773308800_6964071756542197195_n.mp4
  9. A man identified as Uchenna Duru has been arrested by officers of the Edo State Police Command for allegedly promising marriage to some ladies, defrauding them and absconding on the wedding day. According to a report by daily Post, Uchenna was arrested after one Mrs. Ruth Abdulahi reported that he defrauded her of undisclosed amount of money and Toyota Camry car number GU 514 LV. Uchenna, who was paraded by the police, had allegedly promised to marry a friend of Ruth, one Madam Adams Dora, whom he met on social media. It was gathered that a wedding introduction was conducted and Uchenna collected N1million from Dora under the pretence of buying her a car worth N2.5m ahead of the wedding in December, 2018 but never showed up for the wedding. It was also learnt that after the suspect’s arrest, another lady, Faith Eriamiatoe turned up alleging that he also promised to marry her but defrauded her of N73,000 on the pretence to supply her auction goods from the Nigeria Custom Service (NCS). While being paraded by police, Uchenna said he did not defraud the ladies but left one of them because she had four children. “I studied Law at the Imo State University but never went to Law School. “I am an electrician and also import goods from abroad. I did not defraud the women. “All those things they are saying are lies. I paid the bride price for Dora. I left Dora because she has four children and I cannot take care of them,” he said.
  10. Rema - Lady (Official Music Video), premiering, Monday, November 11, 8 PM WAT. Stream Lady on YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JrxV6Me604 Watch the official Lady lyric video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FldgaT0ISs4
  11. Segun Afolabi, a 26-year-old Financial Analyst and ex-president of the Nigerian Economics Students Association, Covenant University, has been murdered by his gateman and his neighbor who had interest in the car he bought about a week ago. The incident happened on Monday, November 4, 2019, at his residence in Gbagada, Lagos State. It was gathered that the suspects, after killing Mr. Afolabi, wrapped him up with his duvet and put him in the boot of his own car. They then drove the car to the front of Gbagada General hospital, where they dumped his corpse and drove off. The gateman later sent his wife to Afolabi’s house to steal all the remaining valuables there. However, the duo ran out of luck after they were flagged down at a police checkpoint in Edo State on Tuesday morning and arrested. It was gathered that the deceased was extremely nice to the gateman and was always helping him financially.
  12. #60SecBreakdown by Lord Sky #Eventuary Instagram: https://instagram.com/lorrdsky Beat Store: https://lordskymusic.com Music streams: http://v.ht/lordsky Afrobeat #Thriller
  13. Last week
  14. will they ever repent even after killing them via this method?. God will have mercy
  15. According to a Facebook user Olise Emy Daybreak , they were caught this morning at DSCnear St Michael's catholic church fully armed . More details soon
  16. This is coming just few weeks after introducing 1GB + 3Hours streaming for N200 to woo new subscribers; 9mobile has introduced 650MB for just N200. Since a lot of 9mobile subscribers are not eligible for the normal 1GB offer, the telco decided to make this one available to all old subscribers. How to Subscribe 650MB for N200 >>Recharge your line with N200 >>Dial 229*3*2# You’ll be given 650MB and the validity is just 24hrs. We are expecting more enticing data offer from 9mobile this season and not just this new offer.
  17. A 40-year-old Las Vegas hotel cleaner won a child support battle against a 28-year-old millionaire who she never slept with. Jane was 36 when she stole a used condom from a then 24-year-old tech millionaire’s hotel garbage can. She inserted the semen inside her vagina and became pregnant with a baby boy who is now 4-years-old. During the child support hearing, Jane confessed that she never slept with the young millionaire and that she impregnated herself with his sperm while she was cleaning his room. “He left his bank statement on the nightstand in his hotel room and I saw it when I was cleaning, at the time I wanted a baby so bad and I thought it would be better if I had a baby with a rich man” The paternity test were conducted and the young millionaire is the father. The court ordered him to pay the mother of the child $2 million for the 3 years of his son’s life he missed. His lawyer says his client is planning to pursue other legal actions against the mother for stealing is personal belongings and violating his privacy. Meanwhile, Jane had quit the hotel cleaning job and started a few businesses with her new-found fortune, she still has full custody of her child whom she named after his father. What's your take?
  18. Two members of the 2019 National Youth Service Corps Batch C Stream currently undergoing the three-week orientation exercise in Ebonyi State have been sent home from camp for refusing to wear trousers, 9jaonline Forum has learned. This was made known in a statement from the spokesperson of the NYSC in the state, Ngozi Ukwuoma. She listed the corps members as Okafor Love Obianuju with registration number EB/19C/0523 and Odji Oritsetsolaye (EB/19C/0530). According to the statement, they were spotted by the Camp Director, Isu Josephine, and her team during her routine morning inspection, wearing white T-shirts and skirts. “When they were accosted and interrogated, they disclosed that they could not wear the white shorts and the trousers given to them by the NYSC since it was against their faith,” the statement read. “Efforts were, however, made by the office of the Camp Director to make them see reason why they must obey the rules and regulations guiding the orientation and NYSC, but all efforts to do that proved futile”, the statement said The spokesperson narrated that after efforts to make them change their minds were rebuffed, the matter was officially reported and the proceedings for de-kitting were initiated. “The corps members were queried and subsequently made to face the camp court, where they were found guilty, having made it categorically clear that they were ready to bear the consequences of their actions”, she said. Mrs Ukwuoma noted that the court recommendations were submitted to the camp Management and the Camp Director was directed to de-kit the Corps Members. “They were de-kitted in the presence of security agents, who also escorted them to the gate as they left the camp”, the spokesperson added.
  19. The Department of State Services (DSS) is yet to release Mr Omoyele Sowore, despite meeting his bail conditions. This is according to a member of Mr Sowore’s legal team, Marshal Abubakar, who led a team of family members to the Headquarters of the Service to receive the convener of #RevolutionNow protest. Abubakar said after putting calls across to some high-ranking DSS officials, they were told to wait as the persons who could authorise Mr Sowore’s release were unavailable. He said, “We are asking the DSS to please, in the interest of justice and rule of law, release Mr Omoyele Sowore, to us to go with him. “We have been here for the past two hours and we are demanding that Mr Sowore be released to the lawyers and his family, in line with the orders of the court.” The legal practitioner added, “They have acknowledged the fact that they have received the said court orders; they have also acknowledged the fact that we have been here on two, three occasions. “We have called all the authorities who we’ve been assessing over the years at the DSS and they told us to wait that they are going to comply. We are waiting for compliance with the court orders.” This comes barely a day after the DSS said it has received a court order releasing Sowore, but nobody has turned up at the Service’s office to take him delivery. In a statement on Friday, the Service’s Public Relations Officer, Dr Peter Afunanya, explained that the decision to make the situation public was important for the sake of accountability. The DSS spokesman noted that the court had been properly briefed about the development and the steps being taken to comply with its order. He said the DSS would never obstruct justice or disobey court orders but would rather do the needful as soon as the appropriate processes have been concluded.
  20. A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja on Thursday held that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) was wrong to have disqualified the Kogi governorship election candidate of the Social Democratic Party (SDP), Natasha Akpoti. Justice Folashade Ogunbanjo-Giwa in her judgment says INEC lacks the power to disqualify any candidate for an election as it is the exclusive preserve of a competent court of law. READ ALSO: Appeal Court Affirms El-Rufai’s Election As Kaduna Governor According to the Judge, the provisions of sections 31(1) and 83 of the Electoral Act which holds that INEC cannot disqualify or reject candidates nominated by a political party for an election is aimed at ensuring that it does not lie within the executive realms of INEC to determine who participates in an election. Justice Ogunbanjo-Giwa accordingly granted reliefs 1 to 7 of the plaintiffs as she orders INEC to include the names of the governorship and deputy governorship candidate of the SDP as well as the party’s logo on the ballot in the November 16 governorship election in Kogi State. Akpoti and her running mate Adams Khalid had approached the court to challenge their exclusion from the 2019 Kogi State governorship election by INEC. The electoral umpire had refused to accept the nomination of Mr Khalid in replacement of the earlier nominated running mate, Mohammed Yakubu. Mr Yakubu was replaced on the grounds that he was not qualified to run as a deputy governorship candidate on account of his age. Mrs Akpoti and the SDP were thus disqualified by INEC for nominating an unqualified deputy governorship candidate. The Kogi Governorship election is scheduled to hold on November 16.
  21. The Presidency has confirmed the sack of some political appointees in the office of the Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo. Mr Garba Shehu, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, gave reasons for the action in a statement on Friday. The statement came amid reports that dozens of persons appointed in the office of the Vice President have been relieved of their duties. The Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) was reported to have distributed letters to the affected aides on Wednesday. Professor Osinbajo is said to have scores of aides deployed in strategic positions in government such as the Ministries, Departments, and Agencies (MDAs). READ ALSO: Overhaul Of Nigeria’s Seat Of Government Ongoing – Presidency Barely two days after the news of the sack surfaced, Mr Shehu confirmed that there has been “a streamlining of staff” going on for a while. The President, according to him, had always had fewer staff than the Vice President and there were always plans to reduce the number of staff at the Aso Villa. The presidential aide said, “The Presidency wishes to confirm that there is, on-going, an unprecedented overhaul of the nation’s seat of government, arising from which a number of political appointments have either been revoked or not renewed in the second term.” Shehu explained that the exercise to relieve the appointees of their duties was in line with the directive of the President, adding that a number of political appointees among the few that served in President Muhammadu Buhari’s office were not returned for the second term. According to him, the exercise aims to streamline decision-making, cut down multiple authorities and reduce the cost of running the present administration. “The office of the Vice President, His Excellency Yemi Osinbajo has, in compliance with the directive of the President, equally been shed of a number of such appointees. “In carrying out these exercises, the overriding objective is to save taxpayer money and deliver needed service to the public,” the presidential aide added. He, however, denied reports of a rift between the President and the Vice President, stressing that the exercise was not targeted to undermine Professor Osinbajo’s office.
  1. Load more activity


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

please accept our Terms of Use